Monday, November 17, 2008

More incorrect assumptions

It is utterly amazing how people can be so wrong (not just stupid). This "anonymous" brainiac is at it again with his usual garbage. Lets start with this one:

"Basically the message your anonymous poster is trying to conveye is that MANY conservative religious folks believe that God made everything within our environment for us to use, basically with no discretion or conservation at all. Yep, God will take care of all of us, we don't need to worry about energy resources or anything else. We pray, we have faith, etc, etc.....
Speaking of "hate" it seems that you've mentioned some anti democrat/libral comments before. Bud, it's just different opinions. It really doesn't have to mean "hate". Intellectual individuals can have differing ideas on how things are. I am just saying, scientific minds tend to test things rather than just base truths on "faith". But absolutely no hate intended to christians or republicans. One of the great things about this country is our freedom to have these different beliefs. AMEN"


First, lets just say that you grossly assume this thing about Christians not conserving. That is like saying all liberals want to take ALL money from anyone who has anything, and give it to anyone that has nothing. Lets distribute the wealth a little bit, or completely?

Ok, I am a Christian. Let's see how my family is wasting: Let's see, we completely recycle, I make my own compost out of all our food waste. My wife does 100% cloth diapering. She uses 100% washable butt-wipes on the kids. My house is sealed up like fort Knox to save energy. We have moved to using things like Vinegar to clean with instead of buying chemical cleaners. I thrown away zero yard waste. We are very conscious about concerning electricity. So, what are you doing to be more "green"? Does this make me a non-Christian?

Truth be told, the bulk of the people like your buddy Al Gore and all his Hollywood flunkies are the definitions of wasteful people. I would wager like then, you sit around and throw stones, but won't lift your own finger to help out. THAT is one good definition of a liberal among many like it. They all use a bleeding heart agenda that is purely to get votes. They would never actually practice what they preach.

I am quite sure it would be 100% provable that a VERY large majority of the people conserving are CONSERVATIVES.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The name calling ("dumb ass", "stupid", "idiot", etc) is quite an effetive measure when engaging in a debate of opinions. Did you say you're a christain? Just wondering.

I think we both wrongfully assume things about each other. It's commendable that you are not just leaving things up to God to take care of our planet, but rather doing more than your share to preserve what was either (depending on how you look at it) created or evolved for us. I, too am very green but won't bother listing my efforts because I don't think you really care. Also, I don't really consider myself to be a democrat. In fact, I'm registered as a republican voter. I have voted for both republican and democrat presidents. I hold different views on all issues and don't just adhere to all the beliefs of one party. With this being said, I consider myself to be a free-thinker, not bound to one-sided, partisan beliefs. And I don't hate those who don't agree with me. BTW, possibly much to your dismay, I agree with you on your post of the ultimate fighting. I don't really understand the mentality or drive of those men who want to beat the shit out of each other but hey, live and let live.Just make sure that stuff is on some kind of pay TV. It makes it so much harder for concerned parents, not wanting to expose our children to that violence, to monitor things.

Lastly, for your own health and well-being, I am going to stop reading and commenting on your blog. It seems to fire you up so much, I'd hate to be the culprit of some stress induced health problem. And hey, you're not kicking the dog or anything after reading one of my comments are you?

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - unknown Buddhist author

I Eat Dentists said...

No, you entertain me. I find it interesting that you won't identify yourself. So who are you? Sure, I get fired up all the time at several of the liberal arguments, however I leave that fire on the blog. Name calling. Since I don't know what to call you, it seemed at the time to be a suitable substitute for that random person making outrageous and goofy statements on my blog. Was it not your original intent to fire me up? Were your unsolicited posts throwing stones? Were you not looking to pick a fight? Everyone needs an adversary, so thanks for being my temporary adversary.

Lastly, this is the first post where you haven't lived up to your previous standards. You were actually civil. Glad to see you can be :)