Thursday, April 12, 2007

Humans often misinterpret words...

It is so frequent that we say or write one thing, but people see or hear it another way. It is very difficult to use the English language to effectively communicate what we mean due to the language having so much word usage implying many things. However much of our interpretation is actually faulty due to our poor language skills. Even the more proficient people often read/hear things incorrectly, even though the it was written/spoken correctly, and vice versa.

For example, my last post was explaining why I don't have anything to write because to you the reader, it would be boring. My dear Mother interpreted that as my saying I am bored. I am not bored, but reciting my life in a blog post would bore most people. Maybe not my mother, but that is different. I want to tell you that I climbed Mt. Everest and lost 3 arms to the cold, however the closest I can come is telling you about the strawberry pot stand I built. One is exciting, and the other boring... or how about the fact that my nice little sister-in-law likes my Bah-Mee-Hank? Is that exciting? No! Boring! How about this... I am working on a project at work to network figherfighters together. Exciting? NO! BORING!

I have several pics I want to blog about, just need to take the time to surf through the hard drive of photos and get them... more coming soon!

3 comments:

michael said...

What the heck is a Bah-Mee-Hank?

Yes, work as an engineer can definitely qualify as boring at times. Sitting at a cubicle and staring at the screen doesn't make for interesting blogging, or even dinnertime storytelling for that matter.

Katrina said...

Bah-Mee-Hank is a wonderful Thai dish that Eric can make just as well as any Thai restaurant. He's a great chef...That's not boring now is it? Maybe sometime we'll make it out to visit you guys in CA and he can whip some up for you...oh, and one of his famouse Prime Ribs too...Yum!

Anonymous said...

Now that was interesting to me - that you made a strawberry plant holder. Also that you make good Bah Mee Hank. I would love some or also your famous prime ribs!!!! Nothing you write about is boring to me, dear son.