Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The results...

As many of you already know, we are expecting again. I am not sure if there is anyone who actually reads my blog that doesn’t know. Many of you already know that last week, we didn’t hear a heartbeat at our 11 week appt. The Dr. said this is common, and it shouldn’t worry us. Well, it really didn’t worry me. Why worry when there is nothing to worry about? Well, of course that doesn’t appease pregnant women. Katrina has been pretty much a nervous wreck this week with worry. Understandable of course. I was a little concerned, probably because Katrina was. She felt that "something was wrong" since then, and of course this amplified the paranoia several orders of magnitude higher. Well, today we had the ultra sound. Within about 3 seconds of putting the little probie on her stomach, we saw the little booger moving around, and heart beating. It was obviously a relief to both of us, especially Katrina. She was on cloud 11 I think. It was pretty funny though. The little baby was doing flip-flops all over the place like a little gymnast. Literally, it jumped up in the air and flipped all the way over like a back flip a few times. Crazy stuff for a 12 week old. Anyway, we are pleased that the baby is developing to be what appears to be normal. We saw 2 arms and 2 legs, hands and feet. We are blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny that the little baby was doing flip flops. Maybe he/she will be a gymnist?? I'm sure it is exciting to see the ultrasound while they are doing it. Yes, you are very blessed as are Jer and I because of the new grandchild and our precious litte Ian.

michael said...

Congratulations Eric!
A blessing indeed.

Katrina said...

Are you EVER going to post again?! I mean, we did find out a month ago that we're having another little boy!!! I would think that's big enough news to warrant a new post!!

michael said...

I finally posted a response to your comments on my blog about the UFC. Check them out here and let me know what you think.