Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bathroom Revisited

So, let me tell you, it is pretty tough trying to maintain a schedule on this bathroom, and work full time and try to at least spend a few minutes a day with the fam and even relaxing for an hour before bed. I've been coming home at 4 every day, and putting in 2 to 4 hours of work, depending on the goal for that day. Then 12 hour days on the weekends only stopping to eat.

Tonight I put the grout on the shower tiles. Fortunately I believe I can do that in one evening. I have lots of mudding still to do, and I need to cut the floor tiles and have them ready to go by the time the mudding/sanding and first coat of primer is on the walls and ceiling.

Then there is the vanity fiasco. We bought a maple vanity finished in natural wood color on deep clearance. I figured we could sand it and stain it. Well, that has been quite a challenge, let me tell you. We will see if we don't give up and go buy another... yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing an excellent job with remodeling the bathroom, Eric. We were glad we were able to see the finished projects - tile, electric, drywall, etc. What alot of work but the completed bathroom will be beautiful and well worth all your long hours and efforts.